Piwik is a self-hosted web analytics application. It is an alternative to Google analytics where you host and own your data. We posted about this alternative last year.
Piwik 1.11 has 40+ bug fixes, with seven new features and three usability improvements. If you want to see the nitty gritty details, check out the change log.
Some of Piwik’s overall features:
- Open-Source and Compatible with Commercial Use
- Customizable dashboards
- Your data on your server – more privacy control
- Real time data
- Goal conversion tracking
- Track searches
- Geo Location of site visitors
- World Map
- Page Transitions – see what visitors did before and after a specific page
- Track file downloads
- Embed reports
- Exclude IPs, URL parameters
- Mobile app!
- Multiple languages
- Import Google Analytics
If you want help with Piwik, feel free to contact us.